3 min read
The key document in the HR operation; The Employee Handbook. That combined with:
- The Offer Of employment;
- Consultancy Contract;
- Volunteer Agreement;
- Internship/Intern/Trainee Agreements.
Is the legal “A-documents” that define our collaboration with your employees. Documents often combined with a confidentiality agreement, customer clauses, competition clauses and copyright agreements. Documents that are protecting your company and your brand.
This is an area that has received a great deal of attention, especially after the new legislation in Europe was reactivated. The new law sets out guidelines for storing, transferring and disclosing information from these agreements and contracts. Legislation which of course also requires that this is orderly and that nothing is missing! We would like to do an audit with you – so you can see the state of the documents, so to speak.
It takes typical an HR Manager about 10-12 months to prepare and design an employee’s manual and about the same for a leader’s manual for a company. But you can skip this time and buy one of our handbooks that will be matched into the local legislation for each country, as well as we advise you with your overall vision, mission and describe your culture.
Please note that each book will apply to the laws of a single country. The individual handbook will be delivered in English.
Inclusive in the purchase will be two secondary revisions. If you want more reviews, these can be bought separately. Including is also a final reading and auditing from our attorney so you are 100% sure it is enforceable also related to local law.
Before ordering, please discuss with our Advisors, about a delivering time and also if you need employee handbooks covering more then one country. This price covering one handbook covering one country.
Unfortunately, we see these issues in our audits
- Offer Of Employments are often formulated incorrectly and will not be considered valid;
- Typically, Offer Of Employments lacks document signatures; over 36% are typically unsigned;
- Typically, 18% of the documents are missing – that is legal to keep;
- 43% of the employee handbook and the management handbook are not updated to applicable local law;
- When evaluating the “A-Documents” We see incomprehensible sentences in 52% of the documents – which will hurt more than they benefit;
- The many new rules in the EU related to data legislation have not been included in the documents or have not been updated to new legislation;
- Many changes require the changes to be notified to the employees, often with a length of time comparable to a notice period, in 77% of cases there is no evidence of these notifications;
- We see Code of Conduct working methods, designed in the US used in Asia, or in Europe that does not fit local law;
- We see rules regarding the insurance of the employee that either does not exist or are not activated or valid. Ore the manual says one, you do something else.
The list is much longer, unfortunately.
Did you know
That, for example, the European Data Act actually follows the person. If you have an expat employee with, for example, an EU Passport in your Singapore branch, then the legislation applies to him and to you as an employer, also when he is working in Singapore! The law follows the person (Passport).
Why is it important?
Partly one must follow the law, but very large fines from the EU system have been announced to companies that do not follow it.
Is all your documents 100% OK?